Getting the right fit for this job can be tricky. But even then, there are a few options you can explore. The easiest option for many businesses is to basically use Google and try to find the candidate they are looking for. Google will give you many options but you will have to do a lot of work in narrowing down the qualified candidates.
It’s also possible to post an ad online but also this takes time. In case you want a stress free experience, the idea of using a recruitment agency in Bulgaria, is highly recommended.
What are the key roles of a DevOps engineer?
A DevOps engineer plays a number of key roles in the IT department of any company. But there are three major roles they will have to fulfill. They include coding and scripting, re-engineering, and enhancing communication and collaboration within the team. The DevOps engineer will work with other software engineers in the company to collaboratively deploy and operate systems. They will also automate various processes for maximum efficiency as well as monitor the progress of various projects.
What skills does a DevOps need?
- A DevOps engineer must have expertise in system administration.
- They must also be very fluent in web programming languages.
- Additional soft skills like leadership and mentorship will always be an added advantage
- DevOps engineers needs to be technically gifted with good problem solving skills
- It’s also important to have passion for computers and computer-based systems
The DevOps engineer will also need to have some educational background and other important qualifications.
Here they are:
- The engineer must have a degree in Computer science or any other related field. They also need to have between 1 to 5 years of real work experience
- The engineer must also have proficiency in Linux and Scripting languages
- A self-motivated person who is able to learn independently is also highly recommended
- DevOps engineers must also have analytical and problem solving skills in order to deliver value for the companies they are working for.
- Knowledge in Networking and experience in virtualization are an added advantage
Start working as a DevOps engineer
Once you begin working as a DevOps engineer, you will, first of all, get access to a strong team of talented software engineers and experts. There is so much to learn from them. You will also be designing and implementing software developments, managing applications, and developing third party integration into the company’s systems. DevOps engineers are also required to do complete system maintenance including troubleshooting if need be.
The job needs an all-rounded IT professional with the ability to work under high-pressure situations.